To All Existing & Interested Tow Companies:
On this webpage you will find the Agreement, Application, Check List, Zone Maps/Descriptions, and Instructions for Unified Police Department’s (UPD) 2017-2018 Rotation Year. UPD will start accepting completed Tow Packets which include the Agreement, Application and all documents on the Check List, at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, May 1, 2017, and are due no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2017. Please read all documentation carefully and note that there have been some changes made.
Changes For 2017-2018 Rotation
- Sex Offender Registry - You will need to notify the UPD Towing Coordinator within ten (10) business days, in writing, if at any time during the towing rotation year you are placed on that list. Page 2 of 8 on agreement.
- Driver Identification Cards – Updated verbiage for lost, stolen or misplaced tow badges. Under Driver Identification Cards on 2017-2018 New Rotation Letter
- Tow to another location – Mutual agreement to tow to another location. Page 3 of 8, line 8.
- Page 3 of 8, line 9 of towing agreement. Added to the sentence of billing for one (1) hour which includes the dollying of vehicles.
- Added verbiage to Application Checklist – location of posting of rates
FBI Background Checks
FBI Background checks are no longer required as part of the packet unless a situation arises. BCI Checks are still required and must be no older than thirty (30) calendar days when submitted. UPD reserves the right to request an FBI Background Check and/or Out of State Criminal Background Check at any time. If an FBI or Out of State criminal Background is requested temporary approvals can be made by the Towing Coordinator and will be revoked if the subject’s record does not meet the criteria outlined in the Agreement.
Approval & Denial Letters
Approval and/or Denial Letters for yards, trucks, drivers and office staff will be sent to your company no later than Friday, June 30, 2017.
Driver Identification Cards
Drivers will not be fully approved to participate in UPD’s Rotation until they have obtained their 2017-2018 UPD identification card.
To obtain UPD Identification ID Cards for approved drivers, each driver will need to respond to UPD’s Technical Services Division and pay the $10.00 fee in order to receive their Approval Letter, which they will then take to the Investigations Division to obtain their ID card. After receiving their ID card, they must respond back to the Technical Services Division to have a copy of their ID card made for your Company’s file. Failure to return to the Technical Services Division to provide this copy will result in the revocation of that driver’s approval on the rotation. If you have lost, misplaced your current badge or is stolen, you must submit two (2) separate company letterheads, one signed by the owner and another signed by the operator, stating what happened to the badge.
Tow Truck Decals
Decals for approved Tow Trucks can be obtained in UPD’s Technical Services Division. Any Company Employee may respond to obtain the decals and must bring the Approval Letter with them. Decals will not be mailed out.
For any questions, please contact UPD’s Towing Coordinator Courtney Fiske.